Flexible Rigid PCBs
Rigid-flex circuit boards combine the benefits and features of both rigid and flexible circuit boards. The combination of characteristics provides advantages in the terms of reduction in overall size, assembly, better signal transmission, and stability. Twisted Traces provides these PCBs for its clients in military, medical, mechatronics, semiconductors, and other related industries.
As with any PCB design project, prototypes are a backbone of any project. Whether you are an OEM or a PCB hobbyist prototype flex PCBs are required to ensure their desired application works appropriately. Twisted Traces helps such businesses to ensure appropriateness of their desired applications by providing rigid-flex PCB prototypes.
Features of Prototype Flex PCBs Provided by Twisted Traces
The following are the feature highlights of rigid-flex circuit boards provided by us:
- Printed circuit boards with flexible and rigid areas, and reduced layer count.
- Rigid flexible circuit boards feature connect rigid boards without connectors or cables that assure better signals.
- The combination of FR4, polyamide FR4, and thin laminates.
|| Standard Production
|| Up to 4
| Copper Thickness
|| ¼ to ½ Oz
|Standard Panel Size
| Line Width and Spacing
| Shielding Material
| Tooling Tolerance
| Minimum Height
||+/- 5 MIL (0.13MM)
Benefits of Rigid Flex Circuits
There are many benefits of rigid-flex PCBs provided by us. Some of these benefits include:
- The rigid layers are connected with flexible cables that ensure reliable connections.
- At Twisted Traces, we can meet standard to complex rigid-flex design challenges. We have provided many circuit boards with reduced interconnections.
- Our rigid-flex PCBs are lightweight and thin, which help reduce the substantial package size. These circuit boards can be creased or folded and positioned into smallest spaces.
- The circuit boards help reduce wiring errors that are common in hand wire assemblies.
- Polyamide helps improve the thermal stability of the PCB, and helps it withstand extreme conditions. These circuit boards can withstand high temperatures between 200 to 400°C. Also, these flex circuits offer excellent resistance against acids, oils, and gases. Hence, our PCBs are used in mission critical military, as well as medical applications.
- Flex circuit boards allow lines that are narrower, thereby providing high-density device population. These denser devices can free up space for additional product features.
We provide low-cost rigid flex PCB prototypes. With no minimum quantities, you can order these prototypes by calling us on 630–345-5400 at any time of day, or email us at email@example.com
for any standard or customized rigid-flex PCB requirement! You can send us your rigid flex PCB data files, and we will perform a complete Design for Manufacturability (DFM) check. Our team provides most in-depth feedback, eliminating quality problems, as well as delays.