Solder mask is a thin protective layer of polymer that is applied to the traces of the printed circuit board during its manufacturing. The solder mask protects the copper traces from oxidation. For any printed circuit board, color is one of the critical design considerations. Green has been the most favored solder mask color always. We offer green, and a variety of additional solder mask colors to meet your requirements.
Types of PCB Solder Mask Colors OfferedBelow are the different types ofsoldermaskcolors provided by us:
- Green: Green is the most ideal solder mask color for printed circuit boards. This color ensures clear visibility of the components placed on it. The contrast between the traces, planes, and vacant spaces are very high on a green PCB. The color also offers right contrast with the white legend. We provide the green solder mask in glossy and matte variants.
- Red: Red is one of the bold and professional looking solder mask colors provided by us. Red colored solder mask attracts with its brilliant hue, and offers great contrast for traces, planes, and empty spaces. The flux residue is able to clean up well when red solder resist are used.
- Blue: Blue is used in Arduino boards. This is because of the ideal contrast, which it creates with silkscreen. The solder mask color blue provides an aesthetic look to the PCB and helps highlight components effectively. It is also ideal for mounting on an LCD.
- Black: Black is one of the most unique solder mask colors, available with us. The color is available in both glossy and matte versions. Black solder mask is used on the PCB post repairing process.
- White: White solder mask applications are valued for their clean look. A white solder resist will give a distinct visual appeal to your circuit board. Specialty of this color is, it helps highlighting specific features of the PCB. We offer white solder resist in glossy version.
- Yellow: Yellow solder resist offers cleanliness, visibility, and style, which is appreciated by our customers. We offer yellow in glossy version. . It increases contrast between planes, spaces, and traces. Thus, this solder mask effectively highlights the routing on the PCB.
- Purple: This is one of the most expensive solder mask colors. Purple solder mask is basically used for submarine printed circuit boards. We offer purple solder mask in glossy variant.
You can select the preferred solder mask color from the ones mentioned above. We can help you with appropriate color selection. If you have any questions or doubts regarding the perfect solder mask color for your application, you can always seek help of our customer service team.
- The solder mask forms the last layer step in PCB manufacturing. These steps are repeated to create multi-layered PCBs. Read More