Assembly of Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) is a process that requires high precision and meticulous planning. Today, various automated equipment are used for PCB assembly because they reduce the chances of error. However, manually assembled PCBs are still in demand. It is very difficult to do a perfect PCB assembly without proper hand-tools. Twisted Traces provides a comprehensive selection of hand-held electronic tools required to assemble PCBs.
Types of PCB Assembly Hand Tools
The following are important types of PCB assembly hand tools provided by us:
- Tweezers and Tongs: These hand tools are used to hold small components while soldering, or de-soldering surface mount components.
- Electric Drills and Drill Bits: We can provide electric drills and drill bits in sizes ranging from 1/8 to ½ inch. These drill bits are used to drill holes on a PCB board, as well as electronic or metal closures on PCBs.
- Smoke Absorbers: Soldering materials are made from lead and various types of chemicals. Hence, during the soldering, toxins are generated, which may trigger a headache, nausea, etc. However, smoke absorbers are used to absorb toxic gases, and they contribute to a healthy work environment. We provide solder smoke absorber replacement filters too.
- Squeegee Blades: These hand tools are designed to be used during manual printing.
- Electronic Solder Spools: These mini solder spools are ideal for a wide range of electronic works.
- Solder Paste: The solder paste is used to connect surface mounted components to pads on PCBs.
- Soldapults: These hand tools are used during volume de-soldering, and are provided with fully-enclosed shafts.
We only stock tools from industry-leading brands, which allow us ensure quality and reliability. If you fail to find a product of your choice, or believe high-quality tools can be an asset to your project, please call us at 630-345-5400. Our experts will be happy to help you.