Twisted Traces utilizes a vast range of substrates to fabricate printed circuit boards. Our circuit boards are used in various advanced electronic applications. Twisted Traces utilizes the following materials for PCB manufacturing.
- FR4: Most circuit boards use glass-reinforced epoxy laminate as a substrate. There are various glass reinforced epoxy laminates available in the market, however, FR4 is the standard material used in PCB manufacturing. The reasons for its popularity include high dielectric strength, light weight, high mechanical strength, and moisture resistance. The term FR stands for fire retardant.
- FR406: This is the high performance epoxy material, which is engineered to meet requirements of multilayer printed circuit boards. This material is processed in the same way as standard FR4 material. It offers improved dimensional control, and excellent thermal and chemical performance.
- 370 HR: 370HR is the high performance FR-4 laminate used for manufacturing multilayer printed circuit board applications, where reliability, and maximum thermal stability is required. These laminates are engineered from a multifunctional epoxy resin, and reinforced with an E class glass fabric. This material provides excellent thermal performance in comparison to FR4.
- Rogers 4003: RO4003™ are high frequency circuit non-PTFE materials engineered with glass reinforced ceramic/hydrocarbon laminates. These circuit engineering materials are designed for high volume, and performance sensitive applications. The materials provide excellent control on dielectric constant, while following the same manufacturing method as FR4. Unlike various PTFE based microwave materials, this material requires no handling procedures or through-hole treatments. RO4003™ materials are not UL 94V-0 rated, which means they are not recommended for applications requiring UL 94V-0 flame rating.
- Rogers 4350: RO4350B ™ materials are woven glass reinforced ceramics/hydrocarbons with an electrical performance that matches woven glass/PTFE. The material is processed following the FR4 standards. RO4350B TM provides tight control on dielectric constant, and requires no special handling or through-hole treatments as PTFE based microwave materials. RO4350B TM is UL 94V-0 rated for high power RF designs and active devices.
- Aluminum and Copper Base: Generally, referred as metal base PCBs, aluminum and copper base PCBs are well-known for their thermal conductivity, machining performance, and electrical insulation characteristics.
- Teflon: Teflon (PTFE) material is well-known for its thermal stability, durability, flame resistance, and electrical properties, which make it one of the reliable materials for PCB manufacturing.
- There are three major types of materials used for fabrication of PCBs. Read about 3 Main Types of PCB Materials