An Overview of Printed Circuit Board Assembly Services
Printed circuit board (PCB) assembly services need to be performed attentively and meticulously. PCBs are used in various industrial as well as domestic applications; and working of an electronic device depends on how well the circuit board is assembled. The closely knit structure comprising different components like copper foils, metal boards, epoxy resins, and fiberglass performs deservedly only when the assembly is up to the mark.
Based on the design of the circuit board, the components involved, and the availability of material, you can choose one of the following services:
- Electrical Assembly of PCBs
- Mechanical Assembly of PCBs
Steps involved in the assembly of a printed circuit board:
In order to perform PCB assembly successfully, you need to follow certain essential steps:
1. Finalize the design of your circuit board and drill locations on essential positions of the metal board as per your design (wear a dust mask to avoid any toxic metal dust or small particles).
2. Arrange the components of the circuit board as per the design of your PCB perfectly.
3. Adjust the polarity of the components for respective positive and negative ends.
4. Solder the components on the board to firmly attach them to their respective positions. Make use of a tin or a lead solder and affix the components on the board.
5. Once the bulky components are soldered, pick the tiny components with tweezers and attach them to their corresponding positions on the circuit board with the help of adhesives/ epoxy resins.
6. Thoroughly check your assembled printed circuit board for loose ends or unattached components.
7. With the help of a multi-meter, inspect the circuit board for any connection issues.
8. In case of any defects, de-solder the malfunctioning components, repair them and solder them back for final assembly.
9. Once the PCB is fully assembled, install it in its permanent location.
Twisted Traces: Provider of Highly Efficient PCB Assembly Services
When it comes to efficient and credible PCB assembly services, you need not look further than Twisted Traces. Our technologically advanced approach for PCB assembly makes us a class apart in this industry. Kindly visit our website to know more about our PCB manufacturing and assembly services. Call our 24/7 live support number 630-345-5400 for further assistance.
PCB Prototype Panel
Best for quick turn prototype builds. Cost based on 1 panel. Build quantity based on total yield from the panel. Quote and order your PCBs online.ORDER NOW
PCB Co-op Panel
Perfect for small quantities with flexible deadlines . Cost based on board area. Order in multiples of 3 pieces. Quote and order your PCBs online.ORDER NOW
Custom PCB Quote
Whatever your requirement, send us your specs and we will send you a custom quote. Quote and order your PCBs online.ORDER NOW