Essential Steps in PCB Fabrication Services
The manufacture and fabrication of printed circuit boards (PCB) is an elaborate process that requires orientation for details and knack for precision. Be it an amateur college project or a full-fledged custom circuit board for a professional application, you need to follow certain steps in order to fabricate a PCB.
Advanced machineries and techniques will aid you in fabricating PCBs. Following steps are essential for creating a PCB:
- Designing the circuit: The performance of a PCB depends on how well it is designed. In order to design a circuit board, you should first design the ratio/ scale of the network. For beginners, it is advised to go for 1:1 scale. The designing can be done manually or with the help of software like AutoCAD.
- Cutting the circuit board: Based on the design, you need to cut your circuit board and laminate it to form a single/ dual/ multilayered PCB panel.
- Soldering: With the help of electronic data, the design/ artwork is traced on the board. Specialized photo tools feature copper elements and solder mask that are essential in tracing the artwork to form unique circuits on the board.
- Development of image: The traced panels are exposed to UV light in order to develop a sharp circuit pattern image.
- Etching of the custom circuit board: In order to remove the film that is not a part of traced circuits, a method called etching is used. You can either go for chemical etching, UV etching, or even mechanical etching based on the availability of the material and the desired final product.
- Cleaning and coating of the PCB: Once the traced pads are exposed properly, you need to clean the board for any residual copper particles or parts of the film. After one last inspection, applying final oxide coat will help the copper to adhere firmly onto the board.
In order to successfully complete PCB fabrication services, it is essential to give proper attention to even the minutest details, especially while etching the circuit board. You will get a high performance PCB if you use superior quality material and advanced techniques.
Twisted Traces is a trustworthy name in the industry for manufacturing and fabricating highly operational printed circuit boards. We are known for providing precise and high quality PCB designing and fabrication services. To know more, visit our website. You can also give us a call on 630-345-5400 and we will be glad to assist you.